Low Fat Oatmeal Banana Apple Breakfast Muffins – A very easy to make recipe for moist, delicious breakfast muffins that uses a minimum of vegetable oil and sugar, although you’ll never miss it.
Oatmeal Apple Banana Low Fat Muffins are a great weekend brunch baking idea that also makes a terrific alternative to the Monday morning quick granola bar breakfast if you have some left over. I think these are best served warm as a wholesome quick breakfast.
These dense hearty muffins are very satisfying with very little added sugar or oil. The mashed bananas and grated apple keep these muffins particularly moist and a few seconds in the microwave to warm them make them just as good the next day.
- 1½ cups large rolled oats
- 1 cup 60% whole wheat flour ( you can use all-purpose flour if you prefer)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup grated unpeeled apple (approximately one large apple)
- Mix together the oatmeal, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt,cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Beat together the eggs. oil and sugar until fluffy.
- Blend in the milk.
You can find complete recipes of Oatmeal Apple Banana Low Fat Muffins in rockrecipes.com