I made these Paleo Double Chocolate Baked Donut Recipe on a whim. I got this bagel/donut pan a while back and I have been obsessed with making round baked goods in it. As you can tell by my other bagel post that was very popular. These were super easy and a crowd pleaser at my essential oils 101 class that I taught yesterday. The kids and parents loved these healthy grain free baked donuts. I would fry them in a healthy fat but not sure if they would hold up without the starch so into the oven they went.
I made a yummy and easy glaze that will have your family licking their fingers and asking for more. Leave a comment and let me know how they turned out for you. I added peppermint vitality essential oil to these donuts to make them extra special but it is optional.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed or ground chia
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon stevia extract powder OR 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 5 jumbo eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the coconut flour, flax, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and sweetener in one bowl until well combined. In another bowl beat the eggs and then mix in the dry ingredients. Add the coconut oil last and mix until smooth. Pour into a donut pan and bake for 20 minutes or until done. Let them cool then top with glaze below.
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or palm shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia extract powder (low carb option) or 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 to 5 drops peppermint vitality essential oil (optional)
- Mix the coconut oil, sweetener and cocoa powder together with a whisk in a sauce pan over medium heat until smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in peppermint essential oil, if using. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled donuts until the top is coated. Serve and enjoy.
You can find complete recipes of this Paleo Double Chocolate Baked Donut Recipe in grassfedgirl.com