This one skillet tuscan chicken is just SO good and satisfying. Plus, it comes together quickly, perfect for those busy weeknights.
As you have probably noticed, I love one-pot and one-skillet recipes. If you haven’t tried these yet, you should check out two of my favorite weeknight meals – One Skillet Tilapia Veracruz and the One Skillet Chicken Puttanesca. They are simple, quick, and easy to make. And of course delicious and healthy! 🙂
I just love when something delicious is also healthy, don’t you? The Cannelini beans are a great addition to this meal and turn this one skillet tuscan chicken into a super filling quick meal. If you want to make it paleo, skip the Cannelini beans.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ⅓ cup black olives
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil or ghee
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the cubed chicken pieces and cook for about 8 minutes on both sides, until cooked through. Remove chicken and transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil to the skillet and sauté the sliced mushrooms 5 – 7 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and the juices have evaporated. Set aside.
- Add another 1 Tbsp olive oil to the skillet and the diced onion. Sauté the onions 3 – 4 minutes until translucent.
- Add the minced garlic to the onions and sauté together one more minute. Add salt and pepper to taste while cooking.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to the skillet and toss the diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, Cannelini beans, and black olives. Season again with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle in the oregano, thyme and drizzle the balsamic vinegar and honey. Stir a few minutes.
You can find complete recipes of this One Skillet Tuscan Chicken in deliciousmeetshealthy.com