Picture this: two toddlers running around the family room in underwear, shooting each other with Nerf guns, one ten year old chasing after said toddlers with a foam sword, and one hungry, bored teenager listening to music asking “how much longer until we eat?”.
And then picture a frazzled mom trying to make a healthy dinner and make it snappy because we need to run to Scouts and piano lessons in 45 minutes.
That poor, frazzled mom? It’s me. Ha!
It’s no surprise that I tend to despise dinnertime. Cooking for kids can be a challenge. They all like different things and can be very picky when they want to be. There’s always so much going on at that time of day, which can make cooking dinner stressful. I don’t know about you and your family, but when mine is ready to eat, they want to eat NOW! This means no messing around in the kitchen. I need to make quick meals that are easy to prepare and that everyone will enjoy.
Let me introduce you to my new favorite product: Campbell’s Oven Sauces. I’m pretty picky when it comes to pre-made sauces, but I am so impressed with all of these sauces from Campbell’s! They make my life so much easier. All you need are a few simple ingredients, a baking dish and you have a delicious meal your whole family will love!
The Creamy Garlic Butter Chicken is one of my favorites. First, you cut up your potatoes. Place your chicken in a baking dish and put potatoes around the outer rim of the baking dish. Then, top with green beans. I used fresh but you can also use any frozen variety or even canned green beans.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups potatoes, cut into ½ – 1 inch pieces
- 12 ounces fresh green beans or 1 (14-oz) bag frozen vegetables, any variety
- 1 (12-oz) pkg. Creamy Garlic Butter Chicken Campbell’s Oven Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Place chicken breasts in a 9×13″ baking dish. Arrange potatoes around the chicken and then top with the green beans. Spread Campbell’s Oven Sauce over the top of the green beans.
- Bake for 40 minutes in preheated oven, or until chicken juices run clear and potatoes are fork-tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve up on plates and enjoy!
You can find complete recipes of this ONE POT GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN, GREEN BEANS & POTATOES in yummyhealthyeasy.com