I am very much getting into the Christmas mood in here with these Chocolate Cranberry Christmas Mini Cakes. I wanted to create simple cakes that aren’t complicated to make and that would look great on a festive table. I’ve picked very Christmassy colours and flavours and filled these little sponge cakes with cranberry chia jam, topped them with luscious Amore di Mona chocolate and fresh cranberries.
I would also love to wish Happy Thanksgiving to all of my lovely readers who are celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow. Hope you have the most amazing day filled with Love and Joy. Although I don’t celebrate Thanksgiving I would love to take this opportunity to thank all of you for being here, reading my posts and making my recipes. Thank you for being different, recognizing that Life is precious and for being the change that we so want to see in the World.
To bake the mini cakes I’ve used quinoa and brown rice flour gluten-free mix and this time I’ve used aquafaba instead of the flax eggs, which worked really well. I’ve used the cake mix to bake 9″ square cake from which I’ve then cut cut out 2″ round shapes. If you plan well you should be able to cut out 12. If you like to make them smaller petit fours size you could use 1 1/2″ round shape and cut each into a half. I wanted them a bit taller and so I’ve opted out for 2″ size. I’ve sandwiched two together with cranberry chia jam which is quick to make and you can prepare it the night before. And finally I’ve topped them with melted dark chocolate, fresh cranberries and a holly leaf for a festive feel. Would be lovely served with vegan cream or ice cream. Enjoy:) x
- 110g brown rice flour (3/4 cup)
- 60g quinoa flour (1/2 cup)
- 30g arrowroot (1/4 cup)
- 30g cacao powder (1/4 cup)
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 80ml maple syrup (1/3 cup)
- 80ml olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 60ml aquafaba (1/4 cup)
- 2tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1tsp vanilla
- 120ml rice milk (1/2 cup)
Cranberry chia jam:
- 100g cranberries (1 cup)
- 60ml orange juice (1/4 cup)
- little orange zest
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- small cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- 100g Amore di Mona bulk chocolate (2 cubes) or dark vegan chocolate (3.5oz)
- fresh or dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350F)
- Line 9″ x 9″ baking tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together brown rice flour, quinoa flour, arrowroot, cacao, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together maple syrup, olive oil, aquafaba, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and rice milk.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and mix until well combined. The mix should be pourable, but not too thin consistency.
- Pour the mix into the prepared dish and smooth out the top.
You can find complete recipes of this CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY CHRISTMAS MINI CAKES in nirvanacakery.com