Start the apple season off with some Gluten Free Apple Pull Apart Bread. This trendy bread is a mix between a cinnamon roll and cinnamon loaf bread. Now you can enjoy a gluten free apple pull apart bread that is also dairy free, egg free, nut free and Vegan.
Apples showing up in Fall means we’ll start the long transition to cooler weather. Apple and pumpkin recipes are popping up everywhere. I even asked all of you what you’d like to see next, either pumpkin streusel muffins or this apple pull apart bread. And DANG. Apple kicked some serious butt leave the poor pumpkin muffins in the dust. But I can’t blame you. I’ve seen so many version of apple pull apart breads lately on Pinterest. This is one of those ‘must try’ recipes. After all, it must be good if everyone else trying it. <—– peer pressure. gotta love it, right? 😉
I love fall but always find myself struggling a bit to make that transition. I feel like I just got the hang of having 2 energetic boys home all Summer. It’s like we just figured out what to expect, and then things change with school starting. School is not going to be a picnic in the park, or so I’ve heard. I’ve been told by the parents of older kids, 2nd grade is hard. The homework is different and the curriculum also includes first communion and first reconciliation (our school is Catholic)
So it’s a transition in season and in life.
- 3 cups gluten free white all purpose flour mix
- 1¼ cup + 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 rapid yeast packet or 2½ tsp
- 3 tsp xanthan or guar gum (omit if mix already contains gum)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted vegetable shortening + extra for parchment paper
- 3 Tbsp shortening
- 3 small apples (thinly cut)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tsp water
- Heat ¼ cup of milk of choice to 100 degrees. Add yeast and set aside for until foaming.
- Mix all dry ingredients for the dough. Combine yeast, melted shortening and remaining milk of choice.
- Vigorously mix ingredients by hand for 10 minutes or stand mixer for 5 minutes to help activate gum. Cover bowl and let dough rest for 10 minutes. Work on apples while waiting.
- Wash, peel and core apples. Thinly slice apples into small bite size bits, set aside until needed.
- Lightly grease a sheet of parchment paper the size of a baking sheet. With greased hands, gently press out dough to form a rectangle approximately 16×20 inches.
You can find complete recipes of this APPLE PULL APART BREAD in petiteallergytreats.com